little sample from my wedding crashing escapades =) my main blog is below

PRESS PLAY TO SEE THE SLIDESHOW =)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

mooooooooon festival =)

hello readers,

today is the chinese moon festival!

for those of you who are unfamiliar with the tradition, this is the day that the moon is at it's fullest and brightest of the year!

my family celebrates this tradition by sitting out in our backyard, drinking tea, and eating the tradional "moon cake" (a circular pastry filled with sweet red bean paste, or pineapple, or any number of other goodies).

to my family, this holiday is a little more meaningful since it was also my late grandfather's birthday. it's our way of honoring him so to say =)

this is what the moon looked like tonight =)

i really love being able to sit outside with my family and hang out. away from tv's, phones, and all the hub bub of modern life and enjoying each other's company. sitting outside listing to the wind and sipping on light flavorful tea that warms you inside out. it really is solace to me...even if it is only once a year =)

anyways...go and look at the moon! happy moon festival everybody!

spud

No comments: